Friday 4 December 2009

My Vintage Pretties

Tonight my family and I went into Winchester to visit the Christmas market and ice rink beside the cathedral. Its a stunning set up and certainly puts you in the christmas mood waltzing from chalet to chalet dressed snugly with a hot cup of mulled wine in one hand and a warm minced pie in the other. I may write about it later on in the month but for now you can read about it on their site: http://www.winchesterchristmasmarket.co.uk/

Recently, I have taken to spending hours searching for vintage perfume bottles, jewellery boxes and dressing table mirrors on 'ebay'. I absolutely adore Victorian cut glass. A great great aunt of mine passed away earlier this year, she was 103 years old. Auntie Beatrice was a lovely lady and back in her day she had real class, her old flat was like a time capsule, the house still had its original fashionable padded doors and rich decor, it all seemed strange by today's simple modern standard (equally beautiful just very different), yet it remained very elegant and charming. My father was given an exquisite wind-up wooden mantle piece clock, I have already begun begging for it for my own home one day! My mother and I were given Victorian cut glass pots/jars, ever since I'm desperate to start my own collection.


At the market, there was a chalet hired by a company named borlace foskett, an English company set up in Lymington that see quirky vintage accessories. I love vintage so much, I could have bought the whole chalet! Some of their items can be found online at: http://www.borlacefoskett.co.uk/, however, my favourite items are unfortunately not on there!


No comments:

Post a Comment