Friday 6 August 2010

All for wool and wool for all!

Popped into town today for a bit of shopping. It was mostly mid-season items and the ends of sales so all I ended up buying was an oversized shirt. Altogether it probably wasn't the most successful shopping trip in the world (especially after a mini 'tiff' with the lady in WHSmith), however, I did achieve one thing, I'm beginning to look forward to A/W 10.

I love autumn and winter clothes; the big snuggly woolen jumpers, warm scarves, boots, trench coats and bodywarmers. This year's selection of capes are growing on me, albeit I think I'll be feeling very courageous on the day I purchase and wear one, they are little too close to ponchos for my liking, and I am NEVER going there again.

Another thing I love about autumn are the colours, I love deep scarlet reds and yellows the shade of mustard, all the colours of the leaves falling in the breeze off the naked trees and the deeper, darker nights when I like to lie curled up inside my duvet warm and cosy.

There are too many things to miss about summer, by far my favourite season. In autumn and winter, all is not lost, there are still so many things to look forward to. I'm not quite ready to let go yet though..

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment