Friday 17 September 2010

Things English Literature has taught me.

Life is pretty hectic at the moment, I enclose my deepest apologies for the lackage of blogage. I am off to university a week today so my days are filled with the hustle and bustle of working, reading, packing and saying farewells to beloved friends. I enclose a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago, its a little rough around the ages (I was experimenting really). As I am going off to study Law I regret I will not have the time to spend reading the classics that I have come to love, here are a couple of things I have learnt along the way though:


Never throw all your hopes and dreams, heart and soul into a case in the civil court.

Bleak House, Charles Dickens


Don’t fall in love with your best friend and then marry someone else for his money. The consequences will always fall on the children.

Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte


Books, no matter how fantastic they are, are just stories. The minute you try and place that drama in your own life, drama will take place and it won’t have a positive effect!

Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen


Feigning death was always going to be a risky affair.

Romeo and Julliet,William Shakespeare


NEVER shoot down an Albatross.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Coleridge


The job of creating life by means of science was never intended for mankind. We are far too selfish to play God.

Frankenstein, Mary Shelley


and one I cannot take any credit for in the slightest;

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a young man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife."

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen


xoxox

1 comment: