Saturday 21 May 2011

Magic Beneath your Fingertips


I was sent this piece just over a month ago and fell in love with Ludo Einaudi's extraordinary song writing talent.



Of all the instruments I have heard and experienced (aside from the human voice) the one which will always send shivers down my spine is the piano. The piano was my first love, it helped me to discover music and melody. I look back to the days when I was small, I used to write little songs in a notebook and take them with me to piano lessons. My piano teacher would accompany me singing them and suddenly the beautiful chords she played would bring life and breath to my bare lyrics. The song became tangible, grew wings and took flight.

I have chosen another path for now and no longer have the time to play as I did. When I hear pieces by Einaudi or Yann Tiersen I miss the feeling of keys beneath my fingertips. Playing with pure melody allows you to play with absolute openness. You can learn to pour your heart into improvisation; fears, desires, passions and sorrows so that the pieces you play are raw and stripped bare. It is those pieces that hit home for me. There is something about the pianist who plays with such dexterity, honesty and passion that alights my soul.

Hope you enjoy this little gem too;





xoxo

P.S. Thank you for the music always! (you know who you are) ... well at least most of it is pretty decent! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment