Monday 16 May 2011

Those by which memories are made

A little bit of a 'mixed bag' approach to blogging today. I'm aware have been gone for some time due to revision and exams and want to do some catching up! My whole world semi-ceases to turn during exam periods. My room was in dire need of hoovering, the pile of washing started to create a small mountain range and my exercise regime went flying out the window alongside the healthy diet. On the bright side I am through the tunnel and have been released into relative freedom for the next 4 months. Heaven.

I spent my first weekend of liberty travelling around cornwall with my family. We visited the stunning and unique Minack theatre briefly, Sennen Cove and finally Land's End to watch my father conclude an insanely long cycling trip from John O'Grouts to Land's End. It really is an achievement when you consider he cycled over a 1000 miles from the very northern tip of Scotland to the most western point of Cornwall. Well Done, Papa! I'm so proud!

We dined at a restaurant in Mousehole Bay (pronouced Mow-zel) its a very sweet little fishing village which is famous for its Stargazey Pie. Although I dislike seafood the Stargazey pie is quite unique because unlike normal fish pies the stargazey has fish tails and some times heads popping out of the pastry for decoration. There's a children's book you may have read once about The Mousehole Cat it brings back a flood of memories from my childhood; below is a rather long video version I've just discovered:




Recently I've been inspired by looking at old photographs from times past, there is something so elegant and graceful about them;







More to come when inspiration surfaces!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment