Saturday 14 July 2012

Discoveries This Week


Shortish post today as I have work in a couple of hours. I'm sure you've heard the saying you learn something new everyday - its really quite true. Here are some of the little things I have learnt this week.

Shopping at the local greengrocers: I usually make a weekly trip to Tescos to buy all my essentials but its quite small and its difficult to eat healthily if you're constantly buying the same fruits and veg - I get bored easily. This week I popped into my local greengrocers instead not only is there much more variety but its good or better value and the fruits taste so much better! Yesterday I had a nectarine, peach and strawberry fruit salad after my run and it was aammaazzing!
Excuse quality of photo - I've mislaid my camera so I'm relying on my trustee blackberry!

People in bookshops like to talk: Working in the evenings means I get 'browsers' who like to spend time gazing at the layers upon layers of books for a while before making their choice. I don't know whether its just the area but I have met some really interesting people lately; sailors, wealthy yacht owners, cooks, photographers and people from all around the world and everyone has something interesting to share.


Chilled Jasmine Tea: I discovered this by mistake only this morning. After a lovely meal and tea session with one of my friends last night, I couldn't bring myself to throw away the remaining jasmine tea I had made so I popped it in the fridge. This morning I tried it with my breakfast and it was delightful. Definitely repeating this.

Lawson: Based in London four piece band Lawson have been high on my playlists recently. They remind me of bands like The Calling and Hanson from years gone by. I have posted 'When She Was Mine' below but I am spoilt for choice so here's a link to their new single 'Taking Over Me' also :)

Grilled Mozzarella and Sundried Tomatoes on Toast or dark rye bread: I'll admit I am slightly scared of mozzarella because I feel like it will go straight around my waist, however, a little treat every now and then is acceptable. Rye bread is amazing because its nutty and heavy, just layer a slice of mozzarella on top and a sundried/sunblushed tomato and pop it under the grill. Sprinkle a little fresh basil and black pepper on top and you have a lunch of dreams.

Lauren Conrad.com: I am a blogaholic and have been for quite some time. I have a tumblr account, a we<3it account, pinterest account and a list of favorite blogs on my bookmarks menu. In fact I waste a huge amount of my free time just browsing the internet to satisfy my aesthetic tendencies. My latest little discovery laurenconrad.com has been occupying large amounts of my time and inspiring me with everything from my wardrobe choices to decorating my new sleeping space. 

That's all for now lovelies, speak soon!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment