Wednesday 1 April 2009

The Great Jack Wills Debate




It seems to me that Jack Wills is becoming a bit of a taboo subject within English 'prep' fashion. It represents to English preps what Hollister and Abercromie are to the Americans. So how did it get this far? Why will Jack Wills never reach the dizzy heights set by prep designers such as Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger and Crew? In my opinion Jack Wills is now forever deemed to be 'wannabe prep' which is ironic considering the prices.

Its not that I am adverse to Jack Wills, quite the contrary infact as I own a couple of pieces myself. However I always have to consider, before I drag them out of my wardrobe early weekday mornings, whether I will meet anyone that day who will stereotype me for it. Even I get a little sick of the girls who wear it every single day, it should be all in the balance.

At the end of the day, whether Jack Wills is 'real prep' or not, they still make quality shirts, joggers and polos. And I do like their hoodies, when they haven't got a massive, in your face, WILLS slogan on them. However, if it was between Crew and Jack Wills... I know which one I'd choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment