Wednesday 15 April 2009

Oh the Joy of the Funfair!

Yesterday evening, myself and a few friends went to the funfair. I think we have a tendency to forget, as we grow older, the classic past times that we so loved in our childhoods. I recall that I had not been on a carousel since I was 14 (until last night). Too long! The thrill rides are my personal favourite, you get the adrenaline of a theme park ride with the added fear factor that this one is most likely far older and far more certain to breakdown. Fact: Did you know that the word 'fair' comes from the Latin word 'feria' meaning 'holiday'?

N.B. Funfairs should served in the evening, sprinkled with a dash of candy floss and watered down with a pint of lager to perfect the recipe for a flawless classic evening out!

No comments:

Post a Comment