Tuesday 21 December 2010

The Images in my Mind


Images can have such a powerful effect on the ways we think or feel, the ways in which we create goals for ourselves or dream dreams. Here are some images that give me inspiration, hope and help me dream dreams right now...

When I was 16 my family had a reunion in the Lizard, Cornwall, we all stayed in this pretty hotel with its own private beach. It stood at the top of a cliff and looked out towards the sea. It was a beautiful weekend, perhaps one of my favourite memories of my extended family. On the wall of my hotel room was this photograph by Robert Doisneau, Le Basier de L'Hotel de Ville. I love it so much that I took a picture of it on my then mobile. I love the hustle bustle of life around a moment frozen in time in the lives of the lovers.

I have always been a fan of Tiffany. No matter what others say, it will always represent the dreamy elegance I long for. As I was flicking through copies of Elle magazine this christmas it was this advertisement that stood out. The Dress, the City, the early evening and the Man, it is a beautiful moment.
I love the paintings of Jack Vettriano they all tell stories of romance, passion and empowerment. I have this one on the wall of my room at University, its entitled 'The Road to Nowhere" but when I look at it I feel quite the opposite. It inspires me to work hard and the be the woman in the bold red suit walking bare foot on the beach beside her man.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment