Saturday 22 October 2011

Falmouth at its culinary best

There is nothing better to inspire your culinary skills than a food festival. Despite not being particularly fond of seafood the Falmouth Oyster Festival is an exciting place to be as its a mixture of cookery sessions, men dressed up in drag, music and dancing and many stalls with fantastic foods to try. I could have spent a fortune on Gourmet Wine Vinegar and Cherry Tree Pickles, Baker Tom's bread and fruit cider. There were Cornish pasties with a twist (made from kangaroo or ostrich meat) and of course plenty of oysters to celebrate the beginning of the dredging season. Whoever said the English have little taste in food clearly hasn't visited Falmouth's Oyster Fest. See below for piccars..





Smoked Mackerel that actually looked so good I tempted to try (and I really don't like fish)


Wine Vinegars; probably the best I've ever tried.

Oysters!

Skinners Brewery, a Cornish brand. I'm not a connoisseur of ales but I think as far as they go Skinners has a pretty good reputation. I guess this guy in drag represents their Betty Stoggs Ale. 

I still get excited at the sight of pirates and besides Penzance, Falmouth is a pretty good place to start looking for one ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment