Friday 23 September 2011

Things of the Moment


I'm feeling rather uninspired by my wardrobe at the moment and there are very few things online that I like enough to buy. I think I'm in this purgatory phase or a fashion rift if you will and I've been in one for the last month! I guess it doesn't matter so very much at university because whilst its nice to wear clothes you love Cornwall isn't exactly fashion capital material.

To begin with we have barely any high street stores let alone designers. No Zara, no HandM and the local Topshop is tiny! We do have little boutiques here though, occasionally there's a gem to be found in them. Secondly, I adore shoes and ankle boots but the crazy hills don't lend themselves very well to anything taller than a 3 inch heel. Finally, being on the coast allows for certain 'coastal winds' that are not very skirt friendly. If I wear shorter skirts I'm usually setting myself up for a day of holding it down to salvage what's left of my dignity! Nope. Comfort is key here but even I would admit I probably play it too safe at times.





Things of the moment include:
Gold nail polish: as its adds a little dash of glam to an otherwise very normal day.

The Colours: Whites, Blacks, Reds, Navys, Mustards, Greys and a hint of Gold.
Loose fitting lightweight tees, shirts and knitwear.

Boots: Always ankle I don't like the way boots any longer make my calves look thicker and over the knee is far to brave for little me a girl who happens to like pretty clothes but knows nada about fashion!
I love boots like these! I would definitely brave the heels if I could find a darker brown pair!
Tights: I will always prefer the bare legged look but its just a little bit too chilly to go out minus tights now. California girls, sometimes I do envy you!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment