Thursday 4 August 2011

Photos from the East (1)

Good news! I finally have a replacement charger for my little camera. Which meeaaanns I can show you some photographs of my trip to Beijing. Enclosed are some photos from our trip to the forbidden city which was home to the Emperor from the Ming Dynasty to the end of the Qing Dynasty. The Emperor and all his family used to live in the city which was very well protected and beautifully built. It stands at the very center of Beijing which now has many many more modern buildings.

You can 'google' images of some of the buildings and see it for yourself but I want to show you a couple of little things you're unlikely to find on any search engine.



The details and colours on the buildings are just fantastic.


A Chinese Dragon... I think it looks a little bit like a dog or a lion. I don't know whether it is playing with the baby or squishing it, I wish I'd had the sense to ask one of my friends out there..


According to tradition if two people approach this tree together their souls will be together for eternity, even in the afterlife. Quite a scary prospect!


I have no story to tell regarding this little statue but I do happen to think its rather pretty.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment