Sunday 21 August 2011

Showstoppers.


I watched The Tourist a couple of nights ago. Great movie, perhaps somewhat predictable but the beautiful setting and brilliant acting saved it from descending quickly down the line of blockbusters churned out by Hollywood each year. I am mentioning this because during the whole movie I was taken aback by Angelina Jolie's stunning beauty. What I would give to have eyes as big as hers but in brutal honesty I think her make up artist must be amazingly talented! I've always considered smoky dark eyes to look a little too grunge for me to pull off (I like the natural look) but as Jolie shows us with a bit of talent and some decent make up smoky eyes can become showstoppers.

Powered by a little inspiration I found this video online which demostrates the make up in the Tourist. The transformation on the model is pretty surprising. Its not quite up there with the movie make up though!

Whilst we're on the subject of show stoppers I think these women below are some of the prettiest in show biz. Scarlett Johansson's lips look fantastic in bold colours. I have discovered that finding the right shade can be less than a doddle but once you've found it, you'll never be without it for nights out... I'm sttttiillll looking!


On occasions Kirsten Stewart's smoky dark eyes do make her appear to look too 'grunge' but I guess that's what she (or her stylist) goes for, however, the simple make up in this photograph below really shows off her more natural beauty.


Once again, Blake Lively is living proof that minimal eye make up and a bit of blusher is perfectly sufficient!


I remain a smidge jealous of this last one, Miss Watson; but as one of the highest paid actresses on the scene at the moment and only 21 years old she probably deserves a mention. I'm not fond of short hair to be honest with you but she does pull it off well. I still prefer the longer length.


I might just have to have a play with my old less minimal make up kit later on..

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment