Friday 19 August 2011

A Small Space - Plenty of Potential

Now that I'm back once again in the UK I've been starting to think about moving into my new studio. I am quite excited about having a place of my own as its something I've always wanted to try. My new studio is a blank canvas so I relish the thought of creating and designing my own living space from scratch. I redecorated my room at home after leaving school 4 years ago and changed absolutely everything; wallpapering a wall, painting the others, re-carpeting, repainting the built in wardrobes and even changing the door knobs! Once everything was done I set about buying new furniture and textiles. I still love my room today, it still represents me and the memory of designing and creating it makes it all the more worth while. As of next week I almost get to do it all all over again!

One concern of mine has been relating to clutter. Obviously I will have limited space next year as my small patch incorporates bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and balcony into a relatively small area. Whilst I need to live in this space I want it to look fresh, homely and clean! My saviour in this so far lifelong battle against hoarding has been Ikea. They just know how important it is to have a clean and personal space to live and how difficult it can be if you don't have huge amounts of space. The video below is pretty cool. They create a walk in wardrobe as part of a normal sized bedroom!



In terms of my studio I have not been quite as extreme in the designing as Ikea has above. However, I have had some interesting ideas that both save space and will hopefully look good! When it is all done and I'm happily moved in I will take a couple of shots and post them. As a taster of my ideas - I have a bought a clothes rack similar to the photo below but in white with wooden hangers to organise and display my clothes for easy access in the mornings before uni.



The new academic year can not come fast enough!

yours truly, Damselfly


xoxo


2 comments:

  1. hey, i have been looking for a clothes rack where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy them in Ikea at a range of different prices. The one I bought was very reasonable and does the job perfectly! Good luck on your hunt! xo

    http://www.ikea.com/

    ReplyDelete