Friday 5 August 2011

Tinkering Away on those Blacks and Whites

During the summer I am trying my best to get back up to speed on my piano. I have learnt 'I Giorni'; a piece I posted for your listening pleasure back here and a little prelude I learnt years ago whilst I was doing grades. Today I have begun to teach myself Fur Elise as it appears to be a piece everybody who can play anything on the piano can play. Maybe sometime soon I'll be brave enough to start writing my own music again.

Whilst we're on a theme, when you next have time you should check this guy out. His name is Yiruma, hes from South Korea and he is pretty dapper when it comes to playing the keys and composing music. My current favourite is a piece named 'River Flows in You' but he has composed many many more pieces.



xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yiruma plays heavenly music! Love it loads thanks for posting about him I'm gonna look him up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it :) If you check him out on Grooveshark he has probably over 100 compositions! xo

    ReplyDelete