Wednesday 31 August 2011

Roksandra Ilincic, if I asked nicely would you send me a dress?

Its not even September and I'm already dreaming about an advent season cocktail dress. Its not my fault I swear! I just keep seeing beautiful gowns and dresses!

If I had the funds, my 'go to' designer for a dress right now would be the amazingly talented Roksandra Ilincic. The season's fascination with block colouring and fantastic materials such as satin and silk are encapsulated within her designs especially her evening wear. Whilst there are many very reputable American designers I always get that little bit more excited when it is a European label that is doing so well; possibly because its a bit closer to home but also because European designs have a certain character that bodes well in the UK. Roksandra Ilincic is Serbian.

I'm not the only one that is noticing and loving her designs. The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, has been photographed wearing Roksandra Ilincic. She looks absolutely stunning in that subtle shade of pale grey. Just yesterday I read that recently the Serbian designer has been collaborating with Debenhams and will be releasing a range with "Edition" at far more affordable prices than her main collection.




Whilst the Debenhams range do look beautiful, especially a one shoulder dress and burnt orange (and I'm usually not a huge fan of asymetrical dressing) nothing can touch her a/w collection for 2011. 


This is the same dress! A two tone silk-satin gown purchasable from net-a-porter or from Browns.

Lace and Silk dress also available from net-a-porter.

For all others please visit http://roksandailincic.com/

xoxo

1 comment: